So in the past two weeks, a couple of things have happened:
1. I left Washington, D.C. 😦 Sad. Probably the most challenging, but best summer of my life. And now it’s over. I can’t believe it went by that fast. I’ve learned and grown so much this summer, in a lot of different ways. I hope I never forget the lessons I’ve learned, and I hope that it wasn’t a permanent goodbye all the great friends I’ve made!! I miss everyone already and I hope to see them again soon.
2. Spent some time at home! It was great getting to see my friends and family and relax a bit and get some work done on my business and life in general. It was so good catching up with people. Funny to see how many relationships that I was scared I’d lose have actually stayed the same. It’s like things just pick right back up where we left off. For the most part. I love Knoxville, but honestly, the only part I love is that it’s home and my family and friends are there. I need bigger city life hahah.
3. Started my first dating relationship. 🙂 I’ve never really dated before. So this is a first. But I’m super excited about it. Stephen is wonderful and I’m excited to see what God has for us in the future.
4. Was reunited with my best friend! I got to see Keara two days earlier than I thought I would and spent a bit of time with her and her family before we got up to school!
5. Now, I’m back at school. It’s weird. But so good. I can’t wait til everyone else is up here. And til I’m all moved in. Stinkin’ UT football players taking over our campus right now, so it can be a bit problematic. 🙂 I have missed everyone so much! It’s good to see people and have had a few days til chill up here before I go back to work. In the morning. Have meetings starting tomorrow, then SGA stuff starting Tuesday evening.
So. Sophomore year. Here we go? Let’s do this. Super stoked to see what God has for me this year. A little nervous. Why? I’m not sure. But I know God’s plan is best and He’s going to be with me every single step of the way.
PS- Since YMOBIDCO (You might only be in DC Once) doesn’t apply anymore, I’m just gonna have to live by YOMO (You’re only at Milligan once). Living this year to the max! Let’s do this shin dig!